Monday, October 23, 2006

doug little & his elegant goth

I've heard that green is the new black....and if so doesn't that mean that witches are still in style? At least for Hallows eve....Doug Little has inspired me as a designer since I first came across his DL&Co. goods at Fred Segal in Santa Monica. His elegant gothic style is a lighter chic side of goth, more dandy dapper man than vampire. So after a long hiatus in Hawaii (where I could have blogged with high speed internet, but went to the beach instead), I thought a reemergence speaking of Doug Little's new windows in Bergdorf Goodman a world away would be a nice way to kick off things again. House & Garden has a beautiful and exclusive web spread this month of the window displays that are awe inspiring. Aptly for Halloween time, Doug's high art sensiblility brings goth to a sexy edge, not the normal pale living dead. I also love Andy Paiko's (from Portland Oregon) design for the absinthe vessel, myself having helped design one in the past for Michel Roux--Andy's takes the cake. You must buy this months House & Garden or at least check out their web version here. The photos in the spread show that the spider web has sparkling chandelier pieces and are just easier visually to make out all of the haunting details.

Labels: ,


Anonymous belleviolet said...

Just so you know...the absinthe fountain was designed by Andy Paiko, a glass artist/sculptor from Portland, Or. You should check out his work.

5:11 PM  
Blogger hautenature* said...

Thanks for telling me. I will change it so that Andy gets the credit that he deserves. I am looking for his site right now.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home