Wednesday, April 11, 2007

brendan monroe: earthy potato sculptures

In one of my many crazy web searching tangents, I fortuitously happened upon the amazing wooden sculptures by Brendan Monroe. They remind me of a nursery rhyme as a child of burnt matchsticks-I don't know the name of it-but those images from the children's book are blazed into my memory (it was a somewhat enchanting yet disturbing tale). Brendans work leans more to the whimsy and earthy with potato and ghost sculptures that are a feast for the imagination. His work is wonderful, and on his site he also sells the cutest grocery shopping tote with a budding potato printed on it for 7 bucks. F*k plastic, remember? Check out his work, you will be pleased.

Labels: , ,


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home