Friday, December 07, 2007

magazine xmas tree

I have been waiting to post this picture that I took for almost a year now. I was walking around a mall--feeling like I was in suburban hell, then I turned the corner and saw this creative little gem in the store window of a Gadzooks. I asked the employees how they made it, and they said it has a wire frame and the torn out magazine pages were curled around a rod then taped to the frame. I love alternatives to the cut variety. I hope you enjoy--try one at home. its... Genius.

Labels: ,


Blogger Rainma said...

While I prefer the real or artificial tree, I do appreciate the creativity it took to make this one, the fact they used paper as opposed to tossing it into the trash and I vote to have this tree placed in the Seattle/Tacoma airport because it sure looks much better than what they have there now!

Ranny Jean

1:59 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

I'm so glad you remembered this from last year- I love it. I also love your blog - it's gone into my favs.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Melody said...

Great blog!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Ruly said...

What a great & genius way to recycle and at the same time create holiday display :)

Gave me motivation to make ornaments from recyclable materials too!

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home