Tuesday, April 29, 2008

garden time again: salad greens

Sadly, Boulder Colorado is not a year round climate for gardening outdoors. The time has come again though for tending the soil and adding some deliciousness to my salads. My arugula patch is back in full force without me even lifting a finger. My shiso plants have died--the roots could not withstand the winter, but I have added a few much awaited French sorel plants in their place.

There is always room for lemon verbena plants (which do not survive the winter either), mixed with fresh mint the combination yields the best tea in the world. + agave nectar.

Chard, herbs, leeks, tomatoes, peppers, the list goes on......

photos by me.

Labels: , , , ,


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home