Thursday, January 29, 2009

trad: ecological design for children

Träd, a childrens' piece from designers Josue Gamonal and Vicente Porres, have won the Third María Martínez Otero Industrially-Produced Designer Furniture Award for their design. The first instinct for me when I saw this piece was--MUST HAVE ONE!!! This design stops me in my tracks--truly a must have. Unfortunately, it is still in its development stages. Bravo to the duo!

"Trad is a shelter, a personal space where children carry out their fantasies and games. A place that allows them to feel safe, to learn and to imagine. That enchanted wood where one can dream of heroes and princesses, witches and dragons... and live a thousand and one adventures. The tree, as an icon for wisdom, shelter and playground, symbol of life and growth. Approach to an increasingly absent nature, as a comeback to traditional games, towards imagination development, with no artifices, as a basis for the growth of the child's personal world."

via Yanko Design

Labels: , ,


Blogger krista said...

If you like Trad, you may also like the Power-Hog, a green concept for children. It helps children become conscious of their energy consumption. If you like it, vote for it!

6:53 AM  
Blogger sopenseroso said...

This is, quite possibly, the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life and I want one!! Actually, I want three or four!!

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home